Mimic's

Discussion in 'General Fortnite Discussion' started by Kapalua2483, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Kapalua2483

Kapalua2483 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to ask a question and propose an answer to the quality people of Epic.

Right now Mimic's are not exactly worth their cost of entry if they are in a zone that is comperable to your level.
    (AKA - Many times they can out and out kill you without the proper prep.) It's my feeling that Mimic's are intended to be this difficult "but" if this is the case. They should be worth it to kill for the player. Since in theory it's replacing the chest they thought they just found. Would it be possible to have the Mimic's drops be more commensurate with the player's needs?

I cannot stress enough how dissappointing it's been (and that's used very liberally because I am completely in love with this game mind you) it is to get Mimic loot from a Canny Valley Mimic and receive Copper Ore and 1 Silver Ore. This is obviously nothing that I "really" need as far as in this loot table and I've never experienced a Mimic dropping solid loot that I can actually use.

Also on a related note, Is it planned for Mimics to be able to come out of any chest? At current they're fairly easy to spot because they are only in the chests that appear to look like a "level 4 Loot Chest" Will it be in the future that they can appear from any chest? A sidenote as well that once you begin opening a Mimic chest, the player should have to open it perhaps? I know this might lead to some frustration but at current if players find a Mimic chest, often times they will just stop opening it and leave it. Which is also not the exactly intended plan with them I imagine.

Sincerely,
    Kapalua2483

2. Videoviper424

Videoviper424 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well the mimic chest was made to wiggle before you open it.